Welcome to our TechTips page. This page contains technical support and tips for various
problems that might arise while trying to get on the Internet or while browsing. If any of these tips do not help you, don't hesitate to call us for help.
- One of the most common problems which arises is that users append "@francomm.com" after their username. DO NOT DO THIS! For example, look at the pictures below. If you type in "@francomm.com"
after your user name, you will not be able to log on.
- Another common error message is "Could not negotiate a compatible set of network protocols you specified in the network settings, check your password and try again." When you get this error
message, shut the computer down and turn it back on again. Then, when you get to the screens above, erase your user name and password and retype them both in. And try logging on again.
- A third common error message, which is almost the same as the one above, is "Could not negotiate a compatible set of network protocols you specified in the network settings, check your network
configuration in the control panel and try again." When you get this error message, shut the computer down and turn it back on again and then try logging on again. The reason this usually happens is
your modem registers get stuck. Rebooting the computer resets the modem.
- If you get the error message above, and you have rebooted your computer and you still can't log on, follow the instructions below.
- Click on start
- Click on settings
- Click on control panel
- Click on network
- TCP/IP Dial up adapter is most likely not installed. If it is, please call us at (518) 943-1377 or (800) 889-6982.
- If it is not installed, click on add
- Double click on adapter
- On the left hand side, click on Microsoft.
- On the right-hand side, double click on TCP/IP.
- Click OK at the bottom.
- When the computer asks you if you want to reboot, click yes.
- If you get the error message "The line is busy", shut the computer down and then restart it.